Living with Venomous Reptiles

Print Email

Living with Venomous Reptiles brochure

One of Habitat Harmony, Inc's newest board members Dr. Erika Nowak, a renown rattlesnake bologist, brings a new area of expertise to Habitat Harmony.

Erika is passionate about using the results of scientific research to teach people to live in harmony with venomous predators and other wildlife. Attached is the "Living with Venomous Reptiles" brochure.

The “Living with Venomous Reptiles” brochure, produced by the Tucson Herpetological Society in cooperation with the Arizona Game & Fish Department, was designed as an educational tool to help acquaint the public with basic information on venomous reptiles in Arizona. The brochure's production was funded with a grant from the Arizona Game and Fish Department Heritage Fund. The Arizona Game and Fish Department Heritage Fund receives its money from the Arizona Lottery.

Download a pdf copy of the "Living with Venomous Reptiles" brochure.

Download a pdf fact sheet about the Arizona Black Rattlesnake.

Download a pdf fact sheet of "Reducing Rattlesnake - Human Conflicts."

Prairie Dog Life

Click on the burrow images to find out more.

Nursing Chamber

A mother keeps her young pups safe while the other Prairie Dogs investigate the snake.

Entering the Burrow

A prairie dog hears an emergency cry of "snake" and goes to investigate.

Listening chamber

A prairie dog sits listening just beneath the surface of the ground.

The Rattlesnake

The rattlesnake found a prairie dog burrow to sleep in but has been discovered by the prairie dogs.

Close Panel

Donate Today!

To make a one-time contribution to Habitat Harmony, Inc. you may donate securely using PayPal's encrypted server by filling out the form below. You do not need to have a paypal account to complete this transaction.
Amount: $
Habitat Harmony, Inc. is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization (Federal Tax ID# 86-0994815). Contributions to Habitat Harmony, Inc. are deductible for federal income tax purposes pursuant to Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult with your tax advisor.